The Ambler Farmers’ Market is opening on Saturday, June 1st, less than two weeks away! As we busily prepare for opening day, we have some exciting news to share with you… Two new vendors have been added to the market, Alice Bakery & Confectionery and Apple Tree Goat Dairy!
Alice is a small bakery located in North Wales, they sell a variety of savory breads, from your standard French baguette to a Gorgonzola & tri-colored cracked peppercorn bread. Alice also offers several different pastries, including assorted danishes, croissant, muffins, sticky buns, eclairs and also butter cake and various tarts. Mmmmm!
Apple Tree is coming a long way to be a part of the Ambler market, all the way from Juniata County! They will offer a large variety of products including, goat milk cheese, yogurt, milk, butter, pork, goat, chicken, turkey, eggs and goat milk soap. Apple Tree may not be able to join us until the middle of June, but we’ll certainly keep you posted as to their arrival date!
We are thrilled about both new additions to the market, they will be a wonderful complement to the existing farmers at market!
Another bit of exciting news is “A.F.M. Under the Tent!” A.F.M. Under the Tent is a series of free mini classes held every Saturday from 11 – 11:30am (or longer, if the presenter so desires). These classes will cover a wonderful variety of seasonal topics, taught by members of our own community, including a few Ambler “celebrity” chefs. Check out the lineup for June below!
- June 1st – “Local and Luscious” Patti Lombardi, local cooking teacher and nutritionist, will teach about the advantages of eating local, seasonal foods, and the joys of Farmer’s Markets!
- June 8th– “Beautiful Bees” Farmer Jenn Topper will speak on the importance of bees, honey, and local bee keeping.
- June 15th – “What is Organic” Andy Andrews Director of Pennypack Farm will educate us and answers questions about what organic food really is and its role in our diets.
- June 22nd – “Savor the World – An International Vegetarian Cookbook” Local Cookbook Author and Gourmet Chef Niti Sanghrajka will share the secrets of bringing out the best in vegetarian cooking.
- June 29th – “Chef du Jour” One of Ambler’s finest local chefs, Steve Waxman of Trax Restaurant and Cafe will teach us how to prepare a delicious dish using market fresh ingredients.
Put it on your calendar, save it in your phone, do whatever it is you need to do to remember to shop at the Ambler Farmers’ Market, Saturday June 1st, and every Saturday thereafter! The market hours are 9am -1pm, we look forward to seeing you there!